Thursday, June 24, 2010

So I got my hair cut today. :) It was really looking shaggy and long; I was definitely rockin' the mullet... Bahaha. It feels so normal for me to have short hair now. I can't believe that it's only been a few short 4 months since I had long hair. For those of you reading who don't know, I used to have long hair, almost to my waist. I don't have any pictures from right before I cut my hair, but this one below is from about a year before I cut it:

So it was a bit longer than that. Anyway, I ended up cutting off 18 inches in two braids! I can't believe it, but I did. I wasn't even really scared to do it at all (my sister sure was flipping out, though). As you can see in the picture above, I have pretty curly hair. Because of this, everyone told me that it would be a bad idea to cut my hair short. Even my hairdresser was hesitant at first. So the first time I cut my hair, it looked like this:

Now, I didn't always wear it in the faux hawk style, but this was just the picture I happened to find. Anywho, it was getting really ragged looking, but I have just been too busy and lazy to make an appointment to get it cut, up until a few days ago that is. On monday, I called Angie (the girl who does my hair) and I left her a message saying, "I desperately need a haircut. And soon! It's looking pretty ragged!" After my class today I went over to her salon and got it cut. :) It is now refreshingly short and a little bit different than the first time I cut it. It now looks like this:

So that is what I look like as of five minutes ago. Thank you for reading about me blabbing on an on about the journey my hair has taken in the last six months.

WOW & DQ:
1. Make changes that make YOU feel good, not ones that make others feel good.
2. "A fashion is nothing but an induced epidemic" -George Bernard Shaw

Definitely, maybe,
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment