Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Funny,

My last post on this blog was... a year ago. Exactly. Well, almost exactly. Minus a half hour or so.




You've missed a lot. Hell, I've missed a lot. But you really have. You've missed

-A relationship with the [almost] love of my life (in its entirety)
-An anti-climactic graduation from college
-Meetings with Air Force recruiters
-Various love affairs (You know me) that NEVER live up to what I think I need
-Multiple divine revelations proving that God does, indeed, have a sense of humor.


I'm really sure that You have missed far more than this, but this brings me to the point of this post. Nothing that happened in the last year is something I want to rehash for various misfits and Facebook [barely] friends to read at 3:17 A.M. when they should be asleep but are instead putting off studying for their Bio test by Facebook stalking people they swear they wished they talked to more.

I don't care that much.



So here's the update in one sentence: I am a recent-college-grad applying my baccalaureate[no I didn't have to spell check that; isn't that sad?]-acquired communication skills in the Food Service Industry while still looking for love [unfortunately] but settling, instead, for a good read by a cozy fire (currently: Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahnuik).

In summary? I'm boring.


I'm not going to pretend that I am going to use this blog to keep all of my millions [ha] of readers up-to-date on my devotion to new years resolutions.

I'm not going to use this space to shove sappy love stories down Your throats in an attempt to reassure you that I am happy.

I'm not going to share with the internet the succes of my diets, or of my spirituality, or of my love life.



What I am going to do is something that I have neglected to do for far too long: I am going to write.

I am going to write anything and everything that pops into my head. I am going to write [bad] poetry, and cynical exposés on the human condition, and one line wonders. I will write quotes from authors I aspire to [but will never] be like. I will write because it makes me happy, and it has been a lot time since I have done something just because it makes me happy to do it.


So join me for the ride.

Or don't join me.



Or only join me when it is 3:17 A.M. and you remember you haven't checked my blog in a while and probably can kill 45 minutes catching up on my posts so you have an excuse not to study for the aforementioned test.


I don't care.
Because this?
This is for me.


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the..."ahem" "bad" poetry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get on and I'm like "A POST FROM ERIKA! AHHHHH"... I think I woke up my roommates. ;)

    ReplyDelete