Saturday, June 19, 2010

Goodnight and goodluck

Sooooo... here it is. I finally gave into the mass hysteria surrounding the concept of posting one's most personal information and feelings onto the world wide web for all to see. I must say, there is a certain thrill and release associated with the anonymity. It feels like writing in a journal, only... not. I don't know that I'll have much to say, or that I'll say something often, or even that what I'll have to say will be remotely interesting or follow-worthy, but I promise myself that this will help me sort out the ramblings of my mind.

To start out: a little about me.

I am who I am. I don't change for anyone. I am strong-willed to a fault, over-opinionated, selfish, condescending, and arrogant; but my mom says she loves me. I try to be witty and humorous, I bite off more than I can chew, and I don't really know how to say no to people (don't worry, I'm working on that).

I haven't figured out what I believe, what I want, or who I can turn to, but I do know where I'll be in five years. I tend to do things backwards, but I DO finish. I always follow through, but the result often surprises even me. When I say I am confidant, I'm lying; when I tell you that I'm happy it's a facade.

Try to understand me; I dare you.

I don't know what else to do or say. All I can leave you with is a piece of wisdom and a quote (by the way, I love quotes):
1. Life will never be what you want; learn to adapt.
2. "Sometimes I wonder if anything's absolute anymore. Is There Still right and wrong? Good and bad? Truth and lies? Or is everything negotiable, left to interpretation, grey. Sometimes we're forced to bend the truth, transform it, cause we're faced with things that are not of our own making. And sometimes things simply catch up to us. "


So for now? Goodbye. And to steal the catch phrase of a dear friend, "Goodnight and goodluck."

Definitely, maybe,
Erika.

No comments:

Post a Comment